users@jaxb.java.net

Re: how to get the annotations with the methods in stead of with the fields?

From: xtien <christine_at_christine.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 08:27:28 -0800 (PST)

Wolfgang Laun-2 wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 4:21 PM, xtien <christine_at_christine.nl> wrote:
> Anyway, assuming you get the @XmlElement annotation, what's in there that
> is so desirable to have in an application? (I admit, I'm *very* curious
> ;-)

My app converts from and to an api that uses weird names. Jaxb creates
decent getters and setters from the xsd that I created from the api, but as
the api uses uppercase and lowercase more or less at random, it's easier to
use the original element names than to try to create them from the getter
name.