users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Issues with maven-jaxb2-plugin

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 21:51:53 +0200

Hi,

> I'm attempting to generate pojos from an XML schema. Haven't gotten very far.
>
> Maven configuration:
>
>       <plugin>
>         <groupId>org.jvnet.jaxb2.
> maven2</groupId>
>         <artifactId>maven-jaxb2-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>0.7.1</version>
>         <executions>
>           <execution>
>             <goals>
>               <goal>generate</goal>
>             </goals>
>           </execution>
>         </executions>
>       </plugin>
>
> Running 'mvn clean install' on my project with this configuration yields the following errors:

Please post the mvn -X -e clean install report. Where are the schema
files placed? Have you tried any of the samples?

http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2/maven2/maven-jaxb2-plugin-sample-po/0.7.1/

> In hopes that building my own plugin locally might yield better results I downloaded the source
> code for the plugin and attempted to build (I had to do this to get a schemagen plugin).

Here's continuous integration for maven-jaxb2-plugin:

http://hudson.highsource.org/view/maven-jaxb2-plugin/

This Hudson continuously builds maven-jaxb2-plugin (as well as tests
and samples) with both JDK 1.5 and 1.6. Deployed releases are built
with JDK 1.5.

> Perhaps this is due to the fact that I'm running Mac OS X + JDK 1.5 that does not have a tools.jar?

Is your JAVA_HOME maybe pointing to JRE instead of JDK?

> Has anyone had success running the JAXB maven plugins? Thus far it's been very difficult to get thesse plugins to work. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm successfully running maven-jaxb2-plugin in many projects without
any problems.

Bye.
/lexi