users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Need example (pom.xml) of how to use JAXB with maven plugins (nothing works as documented)

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 09:07:04 +0100

On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 7:14 PM, Cheap Lisa <ssourcetek_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Can anyone send me (or post) or point to me a document that will show me how
> generate an XSD from XML and from there Java objects using JAXB maven
> plugins?
> better yet, simply a pom.xml configured that works.
> A POM that
> 1. has a working repo configured with the latest jaxb-api
> 2. has a working plugin repo for the latest maven plugins
> 3. has targets such that all I have to do is "mvn compile install"
> and my xml files will get an xsd generated and then the java objects
> into the package of my choice (under target/)

I am not aware of a plugin which generates an XSD from an XML.

If you're interested in an example of a Maven project which generates
schema-derived classes from and XSD and applies few JAXB plugins for
that, take a look at maven-jaxb2-plugin-sample-* projects here:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2/maven2/

For instance:

http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jvnet/jaxb2/maven2/maven-jaxb2-plugin-sample-jaxbplugins/0.6.3/

Bye.