users@jaxb.java.net

Re: How to fill dynamically JAXB java objects

From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:18:45 +0200

I understand that you have an input.xml (XML data), perhaps also an
input.xsd (an XML schema) and and output.xsd (schema) and that
"mapper" should produce some output.xml.

- Are you sure that this isn't something you want to solve with XSLT?
- How do you define the mapping between the input content tree and the
output content tree?

If your mapper "knows nothing about schemas" then it won't be able to
produce the desired output. It'll have to know very much about
schemas, perhaps even parse and interpret them.

Anyway, I don't see that this is anything where JAXB would help you
much, except, perhaps, for parsing the input XML, given that you have
a schema for the input side.