users@jaxb.java.net

Re: newbe: how can I generate javadoc from the schema documentation

From: Mike Skells <mike.skells_at_validsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 09:28:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
I appriciate that I can annotate each individual type, attribute and
element, but I was looking to see if I could re-use the documentation
already present in the schema.

I can see that the information is available (as evidenced by the behaviour
of the enums), but not used for class and property generation.

If there is not an existing mechanism to do this then I was wondering if
someone could point me in the right direction as to how to build a
customisation to modify the documentation generated. I have written a
customisation, but I cannot see where the xs:documentation can be read and
associated with the generated fields

Is there any reason why this would be a bad idea?