users@jaxb.java.net

Re: newbe: how can I generate javadoc from the schema documentation

From: Wolfgang Laun <wolfgang.laun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:12:59 +0200

Include the definition of xmlns:jxb="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/jaxb" in
your <xsd:schema>
element.

Add a child to <xsd:complexType> or <xsd: element> or <xsd:attribute>:

<xsd:annotation><xsd:appinfo><jxb:XXX><jxb:javadoc>
  This is my comment for a class/property
</jxb:javadoc></jxb:XXX></xsd:appinfo></xsd:annotation>

where XXX is either "class" or "property".

For a package you write a child to xsd:schema
<xsd:annotation><xsd:appinfo><jxb:schemaBindings><jxb:package
name="com.acme"><jxb:javadoc>
  This is my comment for a package
</jxb:javadoc></jxb:package></jxb:schemaBindings></xsd:appinfo></xsd:annotation>

Writing HTML document requires bracketing with <![CDATA[ --- ]]>

Wolfgang