users@jaxb.java.net

Error parsing xhtml1-strict.xsd ""Lang" is already defined."

From: Programmist <tony.childs_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 13:26:03 -0700 (PDT)

I downloaded JAXB 2.1.7 and attempted to compile the
http://www.w3.org/2002/08/xhtml/xhtml1-strict.xsd XHTML 1.0 strict Schema
using the following command:

Note: I intentionally did not use the XJC script because I wanted to control
which JVM I was using without having to change environment variables.

"C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.5.0_15\bin\java" -jar jaxb-xjc.jar -nv
-extension simpleMode.xsd xhtml1-strict.xsd

It fails with the following error, which is repeated several times:

[ERROR] Property "Lang" is already defined. Use &lt;jaxb:property> to
resolve this conflict.
  line 295 of file xhtml1-strict.xsd

I have tried running the command using Java version 1.5 and 1.6, but both
give the same error. I have also tried using the latest nightly builds
(2.2), but no help there. I have read that this error
http://weblogs.java.net/blog/kohsuke/archive/2006/03/simple_and_bett.html
used to be common , but was fixed in the later versions using the
"-extension simpleMode.xsd" switch, but it still does not work for me. I
have seen several usage examples and I don't think I'm misusing it am I?
I'm also wondering how JAXB could have trouble parsing such a common schema
as XHTML 1.0 Strict? Is it likely that there is an error in their XSD?

Thanks for any help.

-Tony