users@jaxb.java.net

XCJ naming collision with Attributes and Elements

From: Rick Blair <rick.blair_at_boeing.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:11:43 -0700

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I cannot seem to find a general simple answer.

I have schema from a standards body that defines an element named row.
Later on there is an attribute on an different element that is also named
row. This causes xjc to fail with the error: Property "Row" is already
defined .....

This schema in question is part of a set of schemas form the OGC that
defines gml.

A few points of interest:

I am using the latest released version of JaxB.

I cannot change the xsd file.

It happens in many files that are included from several different schemas,
so that making a binding entry in a bindings file for each occurrence would
be painful at best (as well as error prone).

I was hoping for a general solution such as adding an attribute to the
global bindings in my bindings file, but so far have not had much luck.

Many thanks in advance!

Rick