users@jaxb.java.net

Binder and ID/IDREF's

From: Kevin Wooten <kevin_at_wooten.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:11:27 -0700

I am using Binder<Node> to do partial conversion of my document and
ID's and IDREF's do not appear to be working correctly. I did as much
debugging and stepping through the JAXB code as I could and I believe
the problem is a scope issue. I am unmarshaling a portion of the
document that contains an IDREF and its associated ID is located in
outside of the portion I am converting. The Validator seems to
believe that where binding started is effectively the root of the
document.

I worked around it for now by binding the root element in my document
and that works correctly. Unfortunately this "work around" completely
negates the reason I started using the Binder in the first place! I
am parsing COLLADA (3D asset documents) which are HUGE and I
desperately need this working so I don't have to bind the entire
document to look at a small portion.

Unless I am doing something wrong I think this is a bug. Can anybody
else confirm this?