users@jaxb.java.net

anyURI to java.net.URI

From: chrisrk <chris.russell_at_rockpoolgames.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 04:23:38 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Seems this is a common question, but none of the methods I've tried seem to
work.

I have a schema containing some anyURI elements, I'd like JAXB to
automatically read them into java.net.URI objects rather than Strings.

I found
https://metro.dev.java.net/guide/Customizing_XML_Schema_binding.html, and
modified my Ant script to suit. Simple mode is being enabled;
Unmarshaller.unmarshal(..) now returns a custom object rather than a
JAXBElement - but anyURIs are still Strings.

I tried using

<jaxb:javaType name="java.net.URI" xmlType="xs:anyURI"/>

also, but that gives me problems with uncaught URISyntaxExceptions - who is
supposed to catch those? Is there a way of having them flag as validation
errors?

Thanks in advance,

Chris