users@jaxb.java.net

Re: maven-jaxb2-plugin and java 1.6

From: jesse crossley <jesse.crossley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

Aleksei Valikov wrote:

> I'll ry to rework the classloader in maven-jaxb2-plugin. I mean this:
>
> https://jaxb.dev.java.net/guide/Migrating_JAXB_2_0_applications_to_JavaSE_6.html#Using_JAXB_2_1_with_JavaSE_6

This IS a very advanced approach....if you can pull it off, that'd be cool.
i'm getting grief for putting things in endorsed.

Aleksei Valikov wrote:

>> with 1.5 it's even worse: i'm finding i now hafta add activation.jar as
>> well
>> or i get NoClassDefFoundErrors for javax/activation/DataHandler.
>
> Could you explain this problem in a bit more detail? I have not
> experienced difficulties with maven-jaxb2-plugin under 1.5 before.

ah, this seems to be my bad...i didn't add all the dependencies to my pom
correctly, and i had also incorrectly added the jaxb-impl to my endorsed,
where it then demanded activation in order to work. got my pom balanced now
and only have jaxb-api-2.1.4 in my endorsed dir...well, i've also got
jaxp-api and ri-1.4.2 in there, but they don't seem to cause any problems.