users@jaxb.java.net

Making XJC plugins work with JAXB as endorsed in Java 1.6

From: Raymond Wold <raymond.wold_at_teletopia.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 13:45:33 +0200

I just can't seem to make it work, has anyone else tried with any success?

Using -Dcom.sun.tools.xjc.Options.findServices=true I find that XJC finds a
plugin if, and only if, the plugin jar file also resides in the endorsed
directory. And then it lists it as ignored since it "is not a subclass of
class com.sun.tools.xjc.Plugin". Could this be because of some classloader
issues, for instance that the com.sun.tools.xjc.Plugin that the plugin
implements is loaded differently from the one the XJC does an instanceof check
against? What other things should I try, in this case?