users@jaxb.java.net

Re: The prefix "xml"

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 15:58:11 +0200

Hi.

Hello!
> When I try create a jaxb class I obtainthis error:
>
> [ERROR] The prefix "xml" cannot be bound to any namespace other than its
> usual namespace; neither can the namespace for "xml" be bound to any
> prefix
> other than "xml".
> line 3 of xml_lang.xsd
> the xml_lang.xsd is:
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <xsd:schema
> xmlns="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
> targetNamespace="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
> elementFormDefault="qualified"
> attributeFormDefault="qualified"
> version="1.0">
> <xsd:element name="ENTER_NAME_OF_ROOT_ELEMENT_HERE">
> <xsd:annotation>
> <xsd:documentation>Comment describing your root
> element</xsd:documentation>
> </xsd:annotation>
> </xsd:element>
> <xsd:attribute name="lang" form="qualified" type="xsd:language"
> use="default" value="en-us"/>
> </xsd:schema>
>
> Could someone help me?thanks very much

Please answer the following questions:

1) You got an error message. To which line of the schema does this message
point?

2) What does the

xmlns="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"

declaration mean?

3) In the namespace declaration above, what is the namespace URI and what is
the prefix?

4) What is the namespace URI of the standard XML namespace?

5) Does the phrase [neither can the namespace for "xml" be bound to any
prefix
other than "xml"] make sense now?

6) Is this:

http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd