users@jaxb.java.net

xjc binding compiler not generating impl/*.java files

From: Geoff Winsor <gwinsor_at_sfu.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 14:09:47 -0700

Hi,
I am trying to use JAXB to marshal XML documents for a website I am
working on. The process of first generating the JAXB classes from the
XML schema using the xjc binding compiler seems easy but I am not able
to generate the impl/ subdirectory and the implementations. I decided to
take a step back and use the po.xsd schema which is used in a lot of
JAXB tutorials, however the problem remains.

Here is what I have entered at the command line:
/usr/java/jaxb-ri-20070122/bin/xjc.sh -p primer.po -d
/home//InnateDB/src/com/innatedb/ po.xsd

The output I get:
parsing a schema...
compiling a schema...
primer/po/Items.java
primer/po/ObjectFactory.java
primer/po/PurchaseOrderType.java
primer/po/USAddress.java

When I re-enter the command with the -debug option, I get:

parsing a schema...
compiling a schema...
[INFO] generating code
unknown location

primer/po/Items.java
primer/po/ObjectFactory.java
primer/po/PurchaseOrderType.java
primer/po/USAddress.java
JAXBDebug.java

The following JAXB-related jar files are in my classpath:
activation.jar
jaxb1-impl.jar
jaxb-api-doc.zip
jaxb-api.jar
jaxb-api-src.zip
jaxb-impl.jar
jaxb-impl.src.zip
jaxbw.jar
jaxb-xjc.jar
jaxb-xjc.src.zip
jsr173_1.0_api.jar
substance.jar

I tried another binding compiler from my JDK1.6 distribution but still
fail to generate the impl/*.java files.
Any suggestions as to how I can fix this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Geoff