users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XJC frustration

From: Brian Pontarelli <brian_at_pontarelli.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:50:58 -0600

marcos_at_softingsystems.com.br wrote:
> Citando Brian Pontarelli <brian_at_pontarelli.com>:
>

>> This obviously sucks really bad because it doesn't provide a clean OO
>> API. So, after much battling I gave up and changed it to this:
>>
> I think you obviously should "rethink" about your words/terms before posting
> into this list.

Sorry. But having used JAXB for a considerable amount of time (since
1.0) and having looked at the code for many hours AND being able to run
another schema that is almost identical and have it generate correctly
is EXTREMELY frustrating. So, I apologize for using rough language, but
not for being frustrated. Furthermore, besides the term "sucks" nothing
I said was really that offensive. Perhaps I should have used the word
annoying rather than sucks. Again, sorry if I offended anyone.

For anyone out there having the same issue, I removed the mixed="true"
and it started generating correctly. It seems that the generator was
getting mixed up with simple typed elements and mixed content. It really
shouldn't get confused on these things, so it kinda seems like a bug to me.

-bp