users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Plugin development and debug

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 09:21:32 -0800

This is a very useful thread!

To add my 2 cents here...

1) When I need to debug plugins running inside XJC Ant task (or XJC ant
task itself), I run and with the remote debug option:

$ export ANT_OPTS="-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8000"
$ ant

and then attach IDE debugger remotely.

2) When I need to debug plugins running inside standalone xjc
invocation, I do:

   $ java -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,address=8000 -jar \
     jaxb-xjc.jar ...

I made a little wrapper shell script for those; they are 'antd' and
'javad' respectively. This approach works in other situations, not just
JAXB.