users@jaxb.java.net

jaxb 1.0 and jaxb2.0 differences and simple binding (migration)

From: Aron Vaughan <aronvaughan_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:41:05 -0600

Greetings,

I work for a large company with quite a bit of jaxb1.0 code (jaxb1 15,000
generated classes from .xsds (Jaxb2 8286 using simple bindings, 5232 using
normal bindings)) -- we're attempting to upgrade to Jaxb2.0 code and are
looking for a good path.

Jaxb 2.0 simple binding mode creates java classes that are closer to what we
are looking for (each toplevel element has its own class with @xmlRoot so
they can marshal without the ObjectFactory interaction; except for the
'experimental - can change anytime' and the pluralization bits).

Anyone written a plugin to create a class for each top level element (with
XmlRoot attribute) ?

<xsd:complexType name="AMQuery_t">
   <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:element name="QueryReq" type="AMQueryReq_t"/>
   </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
<xsd:element name="AMQuery" type="AMQuery_t" />

so we'd get a first class AMQuery object we can new() and marshal (vs.
ObjectFactory create method).

Anyone done a similar migration (scripting a migration path, or stories)?

thanks for your time,
-Aron Vaughan