users@jaxb.java.net

issues using maven-jaxb1-plugin-1.0-rc7

From: jcrossley <jcrossley_at_systechnologies.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 14:22:40 -0800 (PST)

these may be personal issues...i couldn't find anyone else having the same
problems.

i can't get maven2 to so much as glance at
https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository without blacklisting
it. my sysadmin tells me that we are not behind a proxy, and it makes
sense, since i can hit
https://maven2-repository.dev.java.net/repository/org/jvnet/jaxb1/maven2/maven-jaxb1-plugin/1.0-rc7/maven-jaxb1-plugin-1.0-rc7.pom
in a browser and view the maven-jaxb1-plugin pom. but at compiletime, mvn
refuses to pull anything from the java.net maven2 repo.

so i dl'ed the jar and pom and stuck 'em in my local repo (not the .m2/repo)
and tried again. this time it got further, but the xjc step complained
about not having com.sun.msv.grammar.Grammar.

so i added com.sun.xml.bind.jaxb-libs-1.0.6 to the maven-jaxb1-plugin pom
and tried again. another, different CNFE. adding jaxb-impl-1.0.6,
relaxngDatatype20020414, and xsdlib-20060615 finally relieved my pain, but
not my mental distress. why is the https maven2-repo giving me fits? do i
need to somehow login? mvn -X compile revealed that somehow certs were
mixed up in my problem:

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path
 building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid c
ertification path to requested target

i've finally succeeded in building, but now i hafta keep the
maven-jaxb1-plugin in my repo and i hadta massage the plugin's pom, neither
of which are solutions i'm very happy with. has anyone else had simliar
issues?

thanks,
jesse