users@jaxb.java.net

Re: CodeModel

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 14:16:20 -0800

HeruMartinus.Salim_at_infineon.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yup, I'm working on some plugin, but unfortunately the plugin is about
> specific to the project. So I don't know weather it's gonna useful for
> the other.
>
> What I made so far is to "customize" the behavior of code-generating of
> XJC. For example when it meets a single attribute, few expected
> functions/methods are gonna generated. And when it's multiple (list),
> another thing will be generated. And also for example, I disable the
> getter function for single type of a class, and such like that.
> What come in my mind could be useful for the other is the ability of
> customization to disable the setter and getter function, or to replace
> the code (such as code-injector, but a bit more dramatic changes).

Right.

> When there are some advise on creating (extend to ) more generic plugin,
> I would like to do that. Just I don't have enough experience to know the
> needs of other programmers. Please some advice.

If you could still host your plugin on jaxb2-commons. Once we can see
the code, we can probably give you a better advice about how it can be
generalized. Even if that doesn't work, it's still very useful as a
teaching material, because you do some interesting stuff that other
plugins don't do.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi