users@jaxb.java.net

Re: XSD / JAXB / Database / Schema / Persistance???

From: Johnny Tolliver <jxt_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 08:22:58 -0400 (EDT)

> I am in the situation where I would like to persist and query my JAXB
> object (values) to/from a database.... I'm not looking to persist a
> serialized object.... or text/xml because both don't allow for
> sufficient database querying.

I have no idea if this would work or not, or how to do it other than
manually, but would it be possible to annotate the JAXB classes with Java
Peristence API annotations? I.e., make the JAXB objects into entity objects
and then use JPA to do the persistence.

If this would work, does anyone have any idea how to get the JPA annotations
put in automagically?