users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven2 versus JAXB2 (on ibiblio)

From: Gregory Kick <gk5885_at_kickstyle.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 16:03:21 -0700

On Aug 14, 2006, at 11:20 am, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Kostis Anagnostopoulos wrote:
>> Hi Kohsuke,

>>> Maven2?
>>> jaxb-impl
>>> there
>>>
>>> We arranged a mirroring from java.net repo to the maven repo, so
>>> that's
>> Would it be possible/wise to arrange mirroring maven2-repo"java.net ?
>
> I think so. We just need to figure out what to do when there are
> collisions between m1 and m2 repos. Perhaps they already have some
> mechanism to handle this.

honestly, i would think that given a little bit of time, the maven2-
repository would replace the maven-repository in terms of
synchronization with ibiblio because it's already in the proper
directory format and would guarantee modelVersion 4.0.0 poms. once
all of the kinks are worked out with deployment to svn, it should
contain all of the same artifacts anyway...

so, for the moment i would say that it's probably best to hold off on
the entire ibiblio thing until maven2-repository gets a little more
settled.

> Can you talk to Carlos Sanchez (carlos_at_apache.org) about this?
>
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> Sun Microsystems kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com

greg kick
http://kickstyle.net/