users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Uploaded jaxb-2.x libs and maven plugin into m2 java.net's repository

From: Gregory Kick <gk5885_at_kickstyle.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 00:00:21 -0700

I took a look at a few of the build scripts and although there's a
lot going on, it's certainly not insurmountable. Also, although
plugins would probably be the best way to go, there is an
alternative. The maven-antrun-plugin allows maven to run ant tasks.
The example from maven is:
<build>
   <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <executions>
           <execution>
             <phase>generate-sources</phase>
             <configuration>
               <tasks>
                 <!--
                   Place any ant task here. You can add anything
                   you can add between <target> and </target> in a
                   build.xml.
                 -->
               </tasks>
             </configuration>
             <goals>
               <goal>run</goal>
             </goals>
           </execution>
         </executions>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </build>

This seems like it would suit a lot of the tasks that the current
build system uses. Thoughts?

greg kick
http://kickstyle.net/