users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Uploaded jaxb-2.x libs and maven plugin into m2 java.net's repository

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 09:09:31 -0700

Gregory Kick wrote:
> Kohsuke,
>
> I looked over the poms that you pointed out and found that there is a
> difference in how the different artifacts are versioned. I just used
> 2.0.2 for everything, but you seemed to keep things like the api on a
> separate track. That seems to be the only thing that really needs to
> be resolved. Otherwise, feel free to update your poms with what I sent.

This is because APIs are rev-ed differently from the RI. For example,
when the RI 2.0.2 shipped, it still uses API 2.0. API is owned by the
JCP, whereas the RI is owned by this project.

> As far as improving the build script, I'd think that the best first
> step towards updating the build script would be to convert to maven
> for builds... I know that it's a lot of work (I'd certainly be
> willing to help), but the rewards are tremendous when the entire
> process is simplified down to "mvn deploy". Otherwise, a lot of
> energy is spent trying to recreate a lot of the functionality
> provided by wagon.

Yeah. I see what you mean. It's just that between all the code
generators, custom document formatter, strange re-jarring, and samples
generators that we use, I wonder how many maven plugins we need to write...

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi