users@jaxb.java.net

Java inheritance

From: David Blevins <david.blevins_at_visi.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:29:52 -0700

These two posts seem to detail quite nicely what I'm facing.

https://jaxb.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=4111
https://jaxb.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=4252

In short, I've generated a JAXB2 annotated Java tree from the Java EE
5 ejb-jar xsd and would now like to introduce a superclass
(EnterpriseBean) for EntityBeanType, MessageDrivenBeanType and
SessionBeanType as 80% of their properties are the same.

I'm finding this to be an impossible task as declaring the propOrder
in the subclass results in the "..._at_XmlType.propOrder... no such
property exists" exception and declaring a @XmlType.propOrder in the
superclass gives me the wrong order in xml.

What will it take to support this feature? I understand there may be
issues, but I'm almost certain i'd prefer those issues over this one.

Thanks,
David