users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven 2 Jaxb2 plugin available.

From: Malachi de Ælfweald <malachid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:10:06 -0700

Well, the reason we have the JAXB plugin for Maven is because many people
had written their own; and we thought it would be better if there was a
unified plugin so that everyone's JAXB projects don't break just because we
modify JAXB some. I have only been using Maven to build my JAXB projects for
a couple years now. I am discarding the plugin I wrote in favor of the
supported one -- but that means helping to get it working correctly as well.

Besides, last time we did not have Maven support, people started looking at
other binding options rather than using Ant or shell scripts.

Malachi