users@jaxb.java.net

Re: AW: Using Hyperjaxb with the XJC Ant task

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 17:37:29 -0700

Aleksei Valikov wrote:
> My estimation is 20-25 man-days. A lot of conceptual work is already done is
> Hyperjaxb2, we don't need to redo that. But JAXB 2 is a completely different
> world, so I do have to port quite a lot of things.
>
> Last weeks I see a lot of users get interested in Hyperjaxb3, so I'm trying to
> intensify my efforts. What I have right now in Hyperjaxb3 is a set-up project
> structure with Maven (check out hyperjaxb3 from CVS to see it).

I'm very happy to hear that there's a progress in hyperjaxb3. See the
attached e-mail I got in dev_at_jaxb.dev.java.net. I think many people are
interested in this.

Personally, I'm really looking forward to hyperjaxb3, and I'm sure many
people are.

> I would really be glad if people actually start helping with Hyperjaxb3. Right
> now I need an EJB3 expert who would help me finding EJB3 analogs of Hibernate
> mappings. I also need people who could help with docs. A bit later I would need
> help with migration of Hyperjaxb2->Hyperjaxb3.

It just so happens that our EJB3 implementation team is also interested
in this, too. I'll check if they'd be available to help you.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi

attached mail follows:

Hi all,

We currently have a fairly complex object model generated from XJC. We
also modify significant number of these generated object with
EJB3/hibernate annotations. Everything is working fine but from
maintainance point of view it is rather messy.

I'm looking for a plugin that can help us generate EJB3/hibernate
annotation.

Wondering if anyone done any work in this area?

Regards,
rOnn c.

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorized to copy
or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent
of Toyota.

Opinions expressed in this email and any attachments are those of the
sender and not necessarily the opinions of Toyota.
Please scan this email and any attachment(s) for viruses.
Toyota does not accept any responsibility for problems caused by
viruses, whether it is Toyota's fault or not.