users@jaxb.java.net

Schema Annotations/Documentation to Javadoc

From: Michael Vorburger <michael.vorburger_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 17:42:04 +0200

It would be "handy" (not Spec required, I understand) if normal Schema
Annotations would be turned into JavaDoc of classes, getters/setters
and enums etc. (For example the JAX-RPC Code Generator in Axis1 did
this.)

Reading a thread from last year at
https://jaxb.dev.java.net/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=4328 makes
one think that's the case... is there a special option required to
turn this on? It doesn't seem to work in all cases (using
jaxb-ri-20060426)... unless I'm not getting it.

How I'd imaging this to work is that IFF a jaxb:javadoc is available,
then that takes precedence over the xsd:annotation/documentation, as
the former is more specific (some HTML allowed, JavaDoc @see etc.
stuff) but if there isn't, then xsd:annotation would be used wherever
available.

Thanks!

--
Michael Vorburger, IPT <michael.vorburger_at_ipt.ch>