users@jaxb.java.net

Re: jaxb1 problem with complex-types vs elements

From: Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 07:20:51 -0400

Hi Christoph,

Christoph Sturm wrote:
> On 6/27/06, Ed Mooney <Ed.Mooney_at_sun.com> wrote:
>
>> > If you still dont kno where I'm getting to, please finish this
>> sentence:
>> > "In the code that xjc generated for your schema, MyEL extends MyCT
>> > because _____"
>>
>> ... that's how it's specified in Section 5.3. Please see the spec at:
>>
>> http://java.sun.com/xml/downloads/jaxb.html
>>
> I was somehow expecting this answer.
>
> Can you also outline whats the idea behind this?

I'm sorry not to have a more satisfactory answer. I don't remember any
rationale beyond what's explained in the spec.

> is this also the case in jaxb2?

No. JAXB 2.0 generates a getter and setter on AnotherElement that take
MyCT and a getter and setter on MyCT that take String.

> regards
> chris

Regards,
--
Ed Mooney         |Sun Microsystems, Inc.|Time flies like
Java Web Services |UBUR02-201            |an arrow, but