users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Maven 2 xjc plugin - configuration settings

From: Malachi de Ælfweald <malachid_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:43:08 -0800

On 3/2/06, Jonathan Johnson <jonjohnson_at_mail.com> wrote:

> In creating the configuration for this plugin I also considered the
> Castor and Jaxme m2 plugin settings for consistency in names, defaults and
> behavior.
> http://mojo.codehaus.org/castor-maven-plugin/generate-mojo.html
> http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/mp/properties.html

Well, realistically, it is probably more important to be consistent between
the JAXB Plugins and JAXB CLI than with other tools.

 I adopted the includes/excludes concept from ant fileset and the compiler
> mojo. (although the directory recursion **/* needs to be implemented)
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-compiler-plugin/compile-mojo.html

What about using the same classes used for the "resources" section of the
pom.xml?

 Castor is also wrestling with multiple bindings to multiple schemas in
> their maven 2 plugin.
> *http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MOJO-287*

Well, if the binding files don't have to be tied to specific schema files,
then I think this should be trivial by making the binding methods on the
underlying task/code behave exactly as it does for the schema methods.