users@jaxb.java.net

Re: POJOs and (EJB) annotations

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 15:53:50 +0100

Hi.

> I recently have given up developing a plugin for creating Hibernate
> mappings. I found that I could derive almost everything I needed from the
> classes themselves, the information I could not gather (The types contained
> it collections) I have just passed 'manually' to my code generator. I prefer
> not to do this and would be interested in collaborating to create a plugin
> for the Java Persistence API and or Hibernate. Hyperjaxb2 does look like it
> is well on it's way...perhaps that's were I should put my time.
>
> Any more folks out there who would be interested in this topic?

I'm generally interested in developing the Hyperjaxb further on.
Hyperjaxb2 works just fine on JAXB 1.x and Hibernate 3. Hyperjaxb3
should be JAXB 2.x-based and may support many ORM frameworks, including
but not limited to Hibernate 3 (possibly with annotations).

The problem is that my current focus is on several commercial projects
which do not require JAXB 2 compatibility or any ORM frameworks other
than Hibernate 3. Therefore I have no commercial interest in developing
Hyperjaxb 3 and it's quite hard to arrange such time investments with my
employer.

However, I do have precise understanding of how to port Hyperjaxb2 onto
JAXB 2 and further ORM frameworks and I am willing to share this
understanding with anyone who's interested in such a development. I
really regret that I simply don't have time (at the moment) to write
such a tool myself. But if anyone is willing to participate, please let
me know.

Bye.
/lexi