users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB 1.0.1 Sealing Violation

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 10:27:12 -0800

Prashant wrote:
> I have a thrid party code which uses jaxb RI 1.0.1 classes from a sealed
> jar, where as other parts of my code are generated using JAXB 1.0.4 that
> is distributed with JWSDP.

JAXB RI ver.X can run applications that are developed with JAXB RI ver.Y
as long as X>Y. So you can put jaxb-impl.jar from JAXB 1.0.4, throw away
all JAXB 1.0.1 jars, and it should work.

> Is jaxb 1.0.1 and other jars needed to XJCTask available for download
> anywhere ? I looked here
> <https://jaxb.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=3952&expandFolder=3952&folderID=3956>.
> :(

Back in the old days, we didn't use to have the JAXB RI standalone
distribution, so that's probably why we don't have 1.0.x bundles in the
downloads section.

There should be download for older versions of JWSDP (that includes
JAXB), so I'll find out where they are and link them to the downloads
section.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi