users@jaxb.java.net

Time frame availability JAXB RI 2.0? (because of EA licence restrictions)

From: Chris Offerman <chris.offerman_at_sioux.nl>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 22:13:21 +0100

Hi all,

Is there anything to say about the timeframe the final release of the JAXB
2.0 RI?

The reason I am asking is the following:

We are using the JAXB EA 2 release in the product we are developing and are
quite happy with its current functionality for now.

However....

When I read the FAQ about the licensing terms it states that it is not
allowed to use the EA relase in a commercial product!!!

This means that - depending when the final release becomes available - with
respect to the release date of our product(s) we either can quite happy
continue using JAXB 2.0 or have to revert to using JAXB 1.0 for the sole
purpose of this usage restriction of the EA license.

Which makes it quite important for us to know when the final release will
become available :-(

Thus - can anybody say anything about the timeframe for the release?

Chris Offerman