users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Time frame availability JAXB RI 2.0? (because of EA licence restrictions)

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 10:57:09 -0800

Chris Offerman wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there anything to say about the timeframe the final release of the JAXB
> 2.0 RI?

I think it's early next year.

> The reason I am asking is the following:
>
> We are using the JAXB EA 2 release in the product we are developing and are
> quite happy with its current functionality for now.
>
> However....
>
> When I read the FAQ about the licensing terms it states that it is not
> allowed to use the EA relase in a commercial product!!!

I know. Unfortunately those licenses aren't something we engineers can
control. I apologize.

The source code in the repository is covered by the CDDL, which I
believe allows commercial deployments. So you can probably pick up one
of our nightlies, which is very stable nowadays.

I'm hoping that we can ship a beta version with CDDL soon.