users@jaxb.java.net

Re: any estimate on when jaxb2 will be under the bcla?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:22:55 -0700

Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
> On 27/09/05, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_sun.com> wrote:
>> But beware, as we've been making changes since EA2...
>
> Could you elaborate on these? We are currently trying to overcome
> problems in EA1 to EA2 and if there's a whole new round of changes I
> might put the whole task off until EA3 (or whatever the next release
> will be) is available.

I think most of the changes aren't too substantial. There are changes
about allowing/disallowing certain combinations (or changing/clarifying
the semantics when they are combined.) There are changes to the places
certain annotations can be added. There are new annotations.

I think Joe or Sekhar can probably address your question better.

> Where should I look to keep on top of these changes?

I think every version of the spec posted on JCP comes with changebars,
indicating what changes are made since the last published version, so
that's one way to track changes.

It would be also interesting if someone can run jdiff [1] on the EA2
version of the API and the EA3 (we actually call it "beta") version of
the API, when it comes out.

[1] http://javadiff.sourceforge.net/
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi