users@jaxb.java.net

Re: SOE with large schemas

From: Kirill Grouchnikov <kirillcool_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:04:57 -0700 (PDT)

Aleksei,

We had such a problem in our work project (not JAXB -
related). See [1] for limitation of Java serialization. I
hadn't tried the example in JDK 1.4+, but we had an
extremely deep structure (the problem ahs nothing to do
with circularity).

I've poked a little bit around HotSpot code for
serialization, and each hierarchy level is translated to 4
or 5 recursive calls - the serialization is recursive and
not iterative (DFS in the worst sense).

Kirill

[1] http://www.churchillobjects.com/c/11009e.html