users@jaxb.java.net

SOE with large schemas

From: Aleksei Valikov <valikov_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 16:17:54 +0200

Hi.

I'm trying to compile relatively large set of schemas (Opengis schema
pack). It is ~1Mb large pack of schemas, which are not too nice from the
structureal point of view.

JAXB processes the schemas quite fine. My add-ons also go through, but
then I'm getting the StackOverflowError during the "write generated code
phase".

Quite strangely, StackOverflowError appears during serialization of the
BGM (when generating the bgm.ser file), somewhere in the
ObjectOutputStream.writeOrdinaryObject. Sources from the same package
are generated quite fine. Moreover, the effect does not belong to the
specific schema/package. If I remove fews schemas from the pack, the
code is sometimes generated fine, no matter which schema I remove.

It seems like the defined structure is simply too large. I've tried to
trace the StackOverflowError down - it appears somewhere during the
serialization of choices, but I could not find any loop in object structure.

When I divide the set of schemas into two parts, both parts compile just
fine.

Any comments? Would anyone investigate?
I'll post the schemas and binding data as an issue, would be extremely
grateful if anyone takes a look.

Bye.
/lexi