users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Complex references

From: Joe Fialli <Joseph.Fialli_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 10:30:37 -0400

Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
>
>> thanks - but this is part of the spec right? why isn't it in the jaxb
>> package? not that I have anything against the RI, but shouldn't we be
>> writing our code so that we can change implementation without changing
>> the code?
>

> I think we are planning to move the functionality into the spec, but
> our current thinking is to make it not an interface (so that you can
> selectively implement it, so that you don't have to make those methods
> public, etc.)

The public draft of the JAXB 2.0 specification[1] documents the
unmarshal and marshal callback events in Section
4.4.1 and 4.5.1. The JAXB mapped class will not have to implement the
ObjectLifeCycle interface,
it just has to define the precise method signatures defined in the
specification. As Kohsuke mentioned,
the RI originally prototyped this functionality and thus the RI and spec
are not synchronized on this functionality yet
but will be in future.

-Joe

[1] http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/pr/jsr222/index.html