users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Complex references

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:31:02 -0700

Dmitri Colebatch wrote:
> thanks - but this is part of the spec right? why isn't it in the jaxb
> package? not that I have anything against the RI, but shouldn't we be
> writing our code so that we can change implementation without changing
> the code?

I think we are planning to move the functionality into the spec, but our
current thinking is to make it not an interface (so that you can
selectively implement it, so that you don't have to make those methods
public, etc.)

Sometimes we do experiments within the RI before moving that up to the
spec, and this is one such instance.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi