users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB & xjc version determination

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 10:17:50 -0500

Bhende, Arundhati wrote:
> I must be missing something.
>
> When I executed "java -jar jaxb-xjc.jar -version" from the directory where the files exist,
>
> On 2000 with java version "1.3.1_01", I get this error
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/xml/sax/ErrorHandler
>
> On XP with java version "1.4.2_03", I get this error
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/relaxng/datatype/ValidationContext
> [...]
>

> For any other jar, both generate the same error
>
> Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute from
> jaxb-libs.jar

The other jars are not executable - only jaxb-xjc.jar

> What am I missing?

It sounds like you don't have a complete installation. I would suggest
that you take a look at the release notes[1] to make sure that you have
all of the jars in the right locations. Better yet, you should just
install the latest version of the RI. Any code generated by a previous
release will run on the latest version.

--Ryan

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.2/jaxb/ReleaseNotes.html
     http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/ReleaseNotes.html