users@jaxb.java.net

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: co m/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serialize/OutputFormat

From: Beech Tanya <TBEECH_at_qinetiq.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:53:21 -0000

Hi All

Firstly, I'm new to this group and I thought I posted this yesterday, but I
can't see it on the system today so I apologise if this has been sent twice.

I'm attempting to use jaxb with Mpeg7 schemas. I've got so far until it
says that it is compiling a schema then I get the error message shown in the
subject line above. Details below are snapshot of output

java -Xmx1000m -Xss20m -jar c:\Sun\jwsdp-1.5\jaxb\lib\jaxb-xjc.jar
-extension Mpeg7-2001.xsd -d
c:\Sun\jwsdp-1.5\jaxb\samples\tester-mpeg7\mpeg7-classes

parsing a schema...

[WARNING] Unable to validate your schema. Most likely, the JVM has loaded an
inc

ompatible XML parser implementation. You should fix this before relying on
the g

enerated code. Please see the release notes for details.

unknown location

[WARNING] warning: "final" attribute of <complexType> is not supported

  line 44 of visual-2001.xsd

[WARNING] warning: "final" attribute of <complexType> is not supported

  line 69 of visual-2001.xsd

compiling a schema...

com/sun/org/apache/xm

l/internal/serialize/OutputFormat

        at
com.sun.tools.xjc.generator.PackageContext.<init>(PackageContext.java

:67)

        at
com.sun.tools.xjc.generator.SkeletonGenerator.<init>(SkeletonGenerato

r.java:145)

        at
com.sun.tools.xjc.generator.SkeletonGenerator.generate(SkeletonGenera

tor.java:110)

        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver.generateCode(Driver.java:379)

        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver.run(Driver.java:220)

        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver._main(Driver.java:80)

        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver.access$000(Driver.java:46)

        at com.sun.tools.xjc.Driver$1.run(Driver.java:60)

Does this mean that the program can't find
com/sun/org/apache/xml/internal/serialize/OutputFormat ?

I do have this OutputFormat java file on my system but under a different
location, I've set my classpath to point to the OutputFormat by entering at
cmd line:

Set classpath =
c:\xerces-2_6_2\src\org\apache\xml\serialize\OutputFormat.java

Can anyone tell me if this is wrong? Or that my understanding of the error
is correct even.

Thanks in advance for your help; I've really run out of ideas.

Kind Regards

Tanya Beech
Intelligence Systems
AT208 QinetiQ
Malvern Technology Park
Malvern Worcestershire WR14 3PS
tel: 01684 895232

For those other than the recipient any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on such information
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Emails and other electronic communication with QinetiQ may be monitored.
Calls to QinetiQ may be recorded for quality control,
regulatory and monitoring purposes.