users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB-1.0 FInal Version Implementation Issue.

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:35:17 -0500

Srinivas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Currently we are using the jaxb-1.0 beta version in production. Now we
> are planning to move to Weblogic8.1 server with JDK1.4.1.
>
> We are planning to implement the jaxb-1.0 Final version. But when I
> search for the JDK1.4.1 we are unable to find the API.
>
> I tried with JWSDP1.5 which uses JDK1.4.2 and 1.5, when we try to
> compile the code we get compilation errors.So, please let us know is
> there any way we can use the jaxb-1.0 Final release with jdk1.4.1 ( Our
> corporate direction is to use JDK1.4.1)

I suspect that changes in JAXB between beta and 1.0 require changes in
your client code. Please review the changelog for more detail[1].

Even though the release notes for JWSDP 1.5 list higher JDK requirements,
JAXB only requires JDK 1.3.1 or higher[2].

Thanks,

--Ryan

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.4/jaxb/changelog.html#diffs-to-1.0
[2] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.4/jaxb/ReleaseNotes.html