users@jaxb.java.net

Notification on object initialisation

From: Carsten Müller <carsten_at_pr-echt.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 19:01:34 +0100

Hi, I'm new to JAXB and I have a question:

Is where a way to get a method called on a subclassed
implementation-object after this object is completely initialised by
the unmarshaller?

I have an XML-Structure like this:

<container>
        <part/>
        <part/>
        <part/> ...
</container>

For some performance and convenience issues i want to reorganise the
list and build an index on it.
i have done this via calling the reorganise method on each container
after unmarshalling the XML. But this is a little bit unhandy esp. on
large XML trees containing many containers.

What I'm looking for is something like an empty method in the
implementation-object which can be overridden in the subclass.

Regards Carsten Müller