users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Reusing bindings from previous xjc run

From: Malachi de AElfweald <malachi_at_eoti.org>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 04:36:45 -0700

Ok, last update for the night. I almost have it....

I added the schemaBindings package tag and then modified the maven plugin
to not require the "-p" option.

That works.

Only one caveat left. It still creates a copy of the utility xsd's
classes... They are in their own seperate package (which matches the
original jar), but they are being re-generated. Is there a way to prevent
that (since it javadocs/jars the entire subtree)? The original jar (that
contains the same package/classes) is in its classpath, so I wouldn't think
it would need it for javac...

Once I get this completely working right, perhaps add something to the FAQ
since this issue seems to have been brought up quite a bit on the mailing
list and on various websites.

Malachi