users@jaxb.java.net

Generating Light-weight Runtime

From: PHDB _ <phdb2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 12:39:01 +0000

Hi,

I wanted to use the new feature available in JAXB 1.0.3 called Generating
Light-weight Runtime.
I put the following global binding in my XML schema
<jxb:globalBindings>
        <xjc:noUnmarshaller/>
        <xjc:noValidatingUnmarshaller/>
</jxb:globalBindings>

and generated classes.

However, I could not compile the runtime package because the
ErrorHandlerAdaptor class calls SAXUnmarshallerHandler twice, which is not
not generated because of my globalBinding.

public class ErrorHandlerAdaptor implements ErrorHandler {

    /** the client event handler that will receive the validation events */
    private final SAXUnmarshallerHandler host;

    /** the locator object responsible for filling in the validation event
     * location info **/
    private final Locator locator;

    public ErrorHandlerAdaptor(
        SAXUnmarshallerHandler _host, Locator locator ) {
        this.host = _host;
        this.locator = locator;
    }
(...)
}

Why is it called whereas I asked for no Unmarshaller ?
http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.4/jaxb/vendorCustomizations.html#lwruntime
seems to says that the combination of <xjc:noUnmarshaller/> and
<xjc:noValidatingUnmarshaller/> is correct so where am I wrong ?

Many thanks in advance

Rgds,