users@jaxb.java.net

JAXB distribution rights?

From: Andrew Ferguson <Andrew.Ferguson_at_arm.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 14:57:25 +0100

hi,

 is it legal to distribute the JAXB run-time jars with an application
I've developed?

this is purely end-user customer usage - ie no development with jaxb,
just an application that happens to do its XML processing using JAXB. I
could potentially remove JAXB and replace it with SAX/DOM in the project
since its only used in one package, but this is a hefty amount of work
I'd much rather avoid.

I will have to run this through our legal department either way, so I'm
not looking for legal advice but rather just an informal "yes that
sounds compatible with the license" or "no that doesn't sound
compatible"

its just that this link suggests its not?
        http://weblogs.java.net/pub/wlg/1433

but I could have misunderstood the phrase "Can someone explain to me why
Sun does not allow JAXB to be distributed freely and ..."

thanks,
Andrew
ps. the jars I'm interested in are (which all comes from the web
developer pack 1.3)

        jaxb-libs.jar
        xsdlib.jar
        jaxb-xjc.jar