users@jaxb.java.net

RE: serialization issue with xs:choice?

From: <Corbett.Klempay_at_trilogy.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:43:17 -0600

This was a typo on my part...the List contains FamilyImpl objects.

HOWEVER, when I went back to verify this, your suggestion did put me on
the right track. The developer did have FamilyImpls in the List, but
FamilyGroupTypeImpl instead of FamilyGroupImpl objects. I changed it, and
the familyGroup elements now appear when I serialize.

Sorry to anyone who had to read my longwinded problem explanation for what
turned out to be a basic mess up...heh

Thanks!

---
Corbett J. Klempay
Trilogy
512.874.5176 (W) | 512.750.1372 (C)
corbett.klempay_at_trilogy.com
"Robert Lowe" <rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com>
03/17/2004 01:12 PM
Please respond to
users_at_jaxb.dev.java.net
<users_at_jaxb.dev.java.net>
cc
Subject
RE: serialization issue with xs:choice?
> Stepping through my code that populates this in the debugger, I have
verified that the List gotten off of the groupedFamilies element contains
4
FamilyTypeImpl classes and 2 FamilyGroupTypeImpl classes (and also that
each
of those two FamilyGroupTypeImpls contained the right FamilyTypeImpl
classes)...yet it still serializes just the leaves (the 7 family
elements).
Since you have FamilyTypeImpl instances, it sounds like you're using
ObjectFactory.createFamilyType() to instantiate them. Shouldn't you be
using
ObjectFactory.createFamily() instead? (Since you want actual elements, not
just types.)
Best regards,
Robert Lowe
http://RMLowe.com/