users@jaxb.java.net

RE: serialization issue with xs:choice?

From: Robert Lowe <rmlowe_at_rmlowe.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 03:12:47 +0800

> Stepping through my code that populates this in the debugger, I have
verified that the List gotten off of the groupedFamilies element contains 4
FamilyTypeImpl classes and 2 FamilyGroupTypeImpl classes (and also that each
of those two FamilyGroupTypeImpls contained the right FamilyTypeImpl
classes)...yet it still serializes just the leaves (the 7 family elements).

Since you have FamilyTypeImpl instances, it sounds like you're using
ObjectFactory.createFamilyType() to instantiate them. Shouldn't you be using
ObjectFactory.createFamily() instead? (Since you want actual elements, not
just types.)

Best regards,

Robert Lowe
http://RMLowe.com/