users@jaxb.java.net

Re: xjc compile questoin

From: Ryan Shoemaker - JavaSoft East <Ryan.Shoemaker_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:01:38 -0500

Yang Yue Xiang wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when i try to compile an xml schema file which contains following line:
>
> " <xs:import namespace='http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace'
> schemaLocation='http://www.w3.org/2001/xml.xsd'/>"
>

> If my computer is connected to internet, the compiling works well.
> Otherwise, it doesn't work.
>
> Any suggestion? Because sometimes, my computer cann't connect to internet.

You can use the "-catalog"[1] switch on the compiler to enable the
catalog resolver[2]. This will cause the import to look at a local
copy of the schema instead of looking for it on the net.

--Ryan

[1] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/xjc.html
[2] http://java.sun.com/webservices/docs/1.3/jaxb/catalog.html