users@jaxb.java.net

Re: "unexpected character literal " Validation Exception

From: Sam Cheung <sylcheung_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 00:30:02 +0000

Kohsuke,

Thank you for your help.

But I am not sure how to correct my document.

I reformat and dumb out the content (the stream I send to unmarshaller) to
the screen.

The locator has different values (since I reformat the input)
columnNumber = 47
lineNumber = 7

When I check line 7, the content is " <Details>No valid
recipients</Details>".

I evaluate this " <Details>No valid recipients</Details>".length()
in my debugger,
and it returns (int) 46

And this line it only has 46 characters. And JAXB is looking at 47?

if so, how can I work around this other than return true in my event
handler?

Thanks for any more tips.