users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Bug in valdiator cycle detection?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 10:11:59 -0800

> I realize that upon unmarshalling I will get distinct objects with the
> same contents in the list, but this was just a convenient shortcut for
> us to take (as opposed to cloning foo before adding it a second time).
> Is this a bug in the validator, or is this behaving as designed?

When the code has written, indeed it was our intention to flag sub-tree
sharings as errors.

But I'm not sure if the spec says anything at all about it, and I can
see that there is some value in doing it. So perhaps should we make it a
warning and leave it up to users to ignore or abort?

regards,
--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi